Friday, June 3, 2011

Tops Journey "Life Begins with Tops"

     Where do I begin...hmmm Well I been going thru alot of ups and downs the past few years.  I found out I was vitamn D defficent...which is part of it.   I have been suffering with depression for alot of years, which I can say is very hard for me to admit but my husband has been very understanding. 
      Let's just say my fresh started April 26th, 2011.  So It's been about A month, I joined tops finally.  I have known about it for so many years but I just never had the courage to do a program like this.  Then It's like they say you hit your bottom and it helps get you to this place where you feel like you can do it.  Today is June 3rd, I am 327 today. A 11 lb. loss so far.  I have worked so hard for it....I have not slipped into my usual pattern of giving up 3 or 4 weeks later.  It's one day at a time, one emotion at a time.  What I loved about this program is they encourage you to excercise 4-5 days a week so diet and excercise together you take off pounds sensibly. 
        We say this pledge Part of it goes :   I will control my emotions and not let my emotions control me...
The first time I said this pledge, I felt like I was finally at a place of understanding where I was not gonna be judged and I felt safe.
         I wouldn't say the program is hard, it's more like changing your lifestyle takes work.  To adopt new habits takes time and diligence.  It's alot of being in a place where you feel like you are ready.  Believe me, if you are not ready, you will do everything to sabotage yourself.   It's alot of soul searching...Are you ready to change your life? 
         It's been trial and error for me...i realize though your body tells the truth, you cannot fool anyone ;-)  This week I've been getting in all my excercise, eating my vegtables, trying to stay away from the processed food. 
       "a Stronger Body starts with a Stronger Mind" 

No comments:

Post a Comment